Well almost, I want to make a tweak or two before I make it available for use , but the work I originally listed back in April is done
- Switch to use the live DB currently being used by the PHP app. – DONE
- Make links automatically out of URLs in messages – DONE
- Clean up html so it looks presentable (this could be a big one) – DONE
- Either set up email notifications, or some alternative, e.g. posts to twitter – DONE
I mainly want to change the URL that it’s using so that once it starts being used people can favourite a URL and not have it change a week later. Also although I’ve got email notifications, I’d like to add twitter posting as I know that’s pretty easy, and gives some advantage from a user’s point of view to the new version.
I’ve been tinkering with adding facebook “like” and google “plus 1”, but easy to do for the whole page, but not working for me when I try to make them refer to an individual post, so that’s another thing to add to the list.
Part of me can’t quite believe that it’s taken so long, but then it has been the just the odd bit of time here and there in between working, sleeping, and various recreational activitities, so part of me is pretty pleased to have done it. Blogging has be useful as a reminder of what progress I’ve made – important when it’s so slow, and also an incentive to at least try and do something every week or two.I intend to continue, documenting adding various features, refactoring and maybe trying out different languages/frameworks, keeping a low threshold on quality of what I write in the hope that will mean I do actually post something.
Now I can treat myself to a waterproof camera housing, although having spent this long I’m not sure how much I really want one …